Waldorf Chicken Salad
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Gluten-Free, High-Protein, Quick, Contains Nuts
- 3.5 oz (100g) chicken, cooked, shredded or chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled, deseeded, chopped
- ¼ cup (40g) raisins
- ¼ cup (30g) walnuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. natural low-fat yoghurt
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 oz. (90g) mixed salad leaves
Cut the chicken in to strips, and shallow fry for 10-15 minutes.
Place the chicken, chopped celery and apple, raisins, and walnuts in a bowl. Add in the mayonnaise, yogurt and lemon juice, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
Divide the salad leaves between bowls and top with the filling. Serve with freshly ground black pepper.
🌿 VEGGIE OPTION: instead of chicken add tofu.